Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Clothes horse


Well, I wore something that I made to work today and received a lot of compliments and "is that Anthropologie?" so that felt good--its a sort of smock dress in a linen blend fabric. So I decided to highlight garments today on the blog. I made a whole series of these cap sleeve sweatshirts two years ago and I still have some. I have tons of fabric too so I was hoping to make a little somethin'-somethin' soon probably just for myself, but who knows? I think this great young friend of mine, the daughter of a former co-worker owns this shirt, bought it at the show at the Cornelia Arts building that I did just before I started working for Sears. Speaking of Sears which is like speaking of Kmart, the past two days at work the NY clothing design team has been holding a trunk sale at work and Kmart duds seemed to be selling like hotcakes:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/c_10151_10104_Clothing_Women%27s

We do have some pretty cute things at very competitive prices for any fashinistas out there reading, (Jordan).

Anyway--Making clothes can be mucho fun when it works, and these shirts that I designed were the largest run of any garment that I have ever made...what do you think?

No comments: