Monday, April 30, 2007

biking


I know this is a sewing blog so be patient and it will all come full circle. So, another year another birthday-May 1st is my birthday week, but I got a gift early this year. A new bike! which you could also say is late since I had planned on getting a bike last year, so a year late and a week early I am all about the biking. So far I've biked four out of 8 days and counting! (that's 50% for you math folks) On the day a got my bike, last Saturday I rode over to our good friends' neighborhood and we celebrated the coming of Spring which in Chicago is just like Summer only with cooler nights and more rain. Luckily, I have a lot of friends who can do neat tricks, they make and play their own drums, bake bagels and bread, and do Thai massage! perfect since I am beginning to work out muscles that only knew how to sleep and sit in various chairs, sofas, el trains, and reclining positions until I got my brand new bike. So with new positions my weary legs especially beniftted from an impromptu massage which was like a stationary work out. The massage therapist taught some poses and body work to my husband and I and asked in exchange for look alike aardvarks (one of my specialties...of me and my hubby) plus a bonus gift, yet to be determined–so here is a work-in-progress image of the aardvark meant to be my husband...more to come. Point is, crafty friends can barter one craft for another and facilitate the use and practise of one another's "gifts".

No comments: