Friday, January 25, 2008

great commission to start the new year


he he. So I was commissioned to make a Danny Mansmith Doll. Ta da! It's really different from what I ordinarily do, 1st off, I don't usually make dolls in the likeness of anyone, 2nd they usually have crazy hair, and lastly, this is a boy doll, so no hourglass bodice shape-he is a rounded off triangle with a big bald head and striking blue eyes. Danny is so creative and unique the possibilities were really endless when it came to wardrobe and accessories, but I am not so great with too many choices. In the end, I tried to mix texture, and color, to create the best combination visually-so the doll will continue to be interesting and "new" for his viewers. I am off commissions now for awhile, I have to finish the Chuppah in February, and then I will be doing work for the pleasure, enjoyment, and education of moi! The etsy store will happen in 2008, but the real challenge so far has been adjusting to my new job! As you can see, I am working from home this Friday! Excellent perk, even if its not every week. The rental car, and I were blasted from all that driving in the extreme cold: 25 degrees below 0 F !!!!!

No comments: